Several people have reached out to ask us how they can make a donation in Jim Poole’s honor. We have two suggested options…
// Give to the Jim Poole GA Tech Baseball Scholarship //
We have established the ‘Jim Poole Scholarship’ for the GA Tech baseball program. This is our way of establishing a legacy for Jim Poole that will live for decades in a sport and program that means so much to Jim. We started it with $100k, and now it’s already over $200k with new contributions. A fully endowed scholarship is $600k. Not sure we’ll ever get to $600k, but the goal was to get a partial endowment of $125k — which we’ve achieved, but we’d like to push higher.
- All donations are 100% tax deductible.
- Checks should be made payable to the Alexander-Tharpe Fund with ‘Jim Poole Scholarship’ in the memo line and mailed to Mindy Hyde’s attention at 150 Bobby Dodd Way NW; Atlanta, GA 30332-0455.
- If you would like to transfer stock to make a gift to the ‘Jim Poole scholarship’ endowment, please contact your Personal Wealth Advisor.
- Click here to make a gift via credit card online. You just need to type in amount, select the button “Give to an area of choice.” When the pop-up menu appears, scroll to the bottom and select the box “TBD: Enter Details in Special Instructions.” Then, in the Comments/Special instructions box, write “Jim Poole Scholarship.” The rest should be self-explanatory.
// Give to Project ALS //
- To support Project ALS and their work to find + fund a cure for ALS, visit https://projectals.org/ to make a donation in Jim’s honor.